I Just Wanna Tell You How Someone Else Is Feeling
“If you must write prose and poems, the words you use should be your own, don’t plagiarise or take on loan” – The Smiths, Cemetry (sic) Gates
Melania Trump came under fire for allegedly plagiarizing a speech given by Michelle Obama in 2008. Melania’s speech was also apparently hacked by someone on staff who snuck in a rickroll. However, journalists and music buffs are still discovering more stolen bits that were slipped into her speech.
From the Home Office in Cleveland, Ohio (Hello Cleveland!)…
The Top Ten Other Speeches and/Or Pop Songs “Borrowed” In Melania Trump’s Speech!
10 – You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, “There is a price we will not pay.”
9 – If the way that you need is too much like greed, decide if you are rich or you’re poor.
8 – Lift up your eyes upon The day breaking for you. Give birth again To the dream.
7 – If we lose the time before us, the future will ignore us, we should use it, we could use it, yeah.
6 – If spending money like water was the answer to our country’s problems, we would have no problems now.
5 – Standing tough under stars and stripes, we can tell, this dream’s in sight.
4 – As a young girl, I dreamed of being a baseball. But tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
3 – Take my thong off and my ass go boom!
2 – Stand up, Chuck, let ’em see ya.
And the Number One speech and/or pop song discovered in Melania’s speech…
1 – What else could I say? Hillary Clinton is gay!
Posted on July 21, 2016, in ...The Hell Is This?, ♫ ♪ ♫, Fun Stuff, Life and tagged ...the hell?, 80s, 90s, Donald Fagen, fun stuff, life, music, Top Ten. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Good one! I look forward to more top ten riffs from NSR. You’re good at this!
Can you list ten reasons why I should do more of these?
10. Why the heck not?
9. Eventually we’ll get a Nirvana or an Alice in Chains reference, or probably both, maybe even at the same time.
8. There’s always a place for “totally out of left field.”
7. It will keep you from posting those sadistic songs by amateurs clips, or at least postpone it.
6. We’ll get a “top ten” with D.C. Comix some day. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But some day.
5. Learn about obscure 80s and 90s bands.
4. We can never ask ourselves “What did I actually just see?” often enough.
3. You’ll do that number association thing that looks like you’re being systematic but you’re just making it up as you go along.
2. Who else can do retro and futuristic at the same time?
And the mostest, bestest top of the top ten . . .
1. Robots. You’ll get to robots sooner or later.